Yoga | I Shine Bright
– Class Description
Welcome to the ultimate yoga flow! A smooth and seamless combination of Sun Salutation A, B and C. This is 19 minutes of fire building from the inside out. This is where you’ll feel transformation within the mind, body and heart. Before you begin, dedicate your practice to something you’d like to welcome in to your life, hold it in your heart… then begin.
Watch the tutorial to slowly go through Sun Salutation A, B and C.
Track your progress
Make it feel good for you
- Breathe in and out through the nose.
- For Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana), feet are hip-width apart, hands are shoulder width apart, pull your belly button to your backbone. Press your heels down toward the Earth, they may not reach and that’s ok. Pull your shoulders down, away from the ears. Relax the head and neck.
- For your Chaturunga, elbows scrape the ribs as you lower, pull the belly button toward the back bone.
- For your Upward Facing Dog (Urdva Mukha Svanasana), ensure that when you glide through your knees stay off the Earth. You squeeze the butt and the shoulders stay down, away from the ears. Hands should be directly under your shoulders.
- For Chair Pose (Utkatasana), squeeze the inner thighs together, bend into the knees but keep the butt slightly tucked. If you can, arms are above the head, palms press, bring the biceps back toward the ears, gaze at the horizon.
- For your Warrior 1 (Virabhadrasana 1), ensure the feet are hip distance, rather than one in front of the other (think train tracks). Square your hips by pulling your back hip forward and your front hip back. Be sure to keep your back heel down on the Earth at a 45-degree angle, really press that back foot down into the Earth and squeeze the leg tight to create a strong foundation.
- For your Low Lunge, ensure the feet are hip distance apart. There should be a 90 degree bend in the front knee, it should be just above the ankle.
Baby on board?
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- For all forward folds, you may need to take your feet a little wider.
- Skip all Chaturanga dips and up dogs, and hold in Downward Facing Dog instead (Emma shows this option).
- In Sun Salutation C, skip Astanga Namaskar (where chest and chin lowers).