Pilates | Super Sides
– Class Description
Super Sides is the ULTIMATE sides class. Experience smart layering and stacking of the movements to create extreme transformation in the body! The best bit? You get to lie down the entire class! Get ready for the burn and a good-good time.
Watch the tutorial to learn how to set up your Oyster and Sides movements and make the most out of your MerryBody Pilates!
Track your progress
Make it feel good for you
- Use a folded blanket under your hip for comfort factor.
- Remember we inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth, like ‘shhhh’. This helps to engage the core.
- During all variations of Oyster, use the top hand to help you stay balanced. Simply place it on the ground in front of your chest.
- You can lay the head down on the bicep if you have a sore neck.
- Keep the hips stacked and squeeze the booty. Pull the belly in toward the backbone. Drop the ribs down toward the hips.
- Focus on keeping the hips stacked, rather than the hip lifting higher.
- When moving to the inner thigh work, really press your grounded forearm into the Earth to ensure you don’t dump into the shoulder.
- Rather than focussing on height with the moving leg, focus on lengthening the leg and engaging all your muscles.
- Smile and have fun!
Baby on board?
- Only once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise and you feel confident to move, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- This is a great class for you and bubba! Yay for that! Remember, take it at your own pace and move with JOY!